Thursday, December 4, 2014

Class Work Post- Promethea


Promethea comic questions and answers

1: Are there any prominent symbols? If so what are they and how are they used?

A:         Recently in class we read the Comic Promethea, a comic about a story. The story happens to be a spirit of a girl that never dies but re-inhabits others body’s and lives on. Sounds kind of awkward and a little bit evil, I assure you be the end of the comic I was thinking otherwise.  A few symbols I found (or think I my have found) in Promethea were overcoming your fears but more like an internal fear of the inevitable and destiny in the sense of becoming the best you can become, who you were meant to be. I also noticed the Ankh, which is on her armor and is the symbol of life, Promethea as a character is always accompanied by light sun colors. The ankh makes me feel more drawn to her as a character that defends life. The eternal life.
           
2: Discuss elements of he story you were able to connect with.

A:         Well I have always loved ancient Egyptian folklore and symbols, so upon seeing the cover I was already interested in the subject matter because of all of the ancient symbols decorating the front. Honestly I felt connected with most of the interior subject matter as well. A girl writing a term paper but young enough but old enough as well to feel the stress of knowing or wanting to know whom you are. The fact that she turns into a bad ass, ass-kicking female superhero with Egyptian background? Wayy to cool not to pick up or get into at all.

3: What changes would you make to adapt this story into another medium. What medium would you use? What changes would you make?

A:         The type used in this comic is very very difficult to read and actually almost stopped me from finishing because it  hurt my eyes so much. I would have to change it to a graphic novel medium. I don’t want to lose the comic style so much, I want to keep the illustrations because they are a huge part of what makes the story. I feel though, in a graphic novel that it would be much easier for the reader to enjoy and as an author you could explain and embellish a very intricate story, making it an easier read as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment