Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Week Three- The Comic Strip

This Week I read a bunch of Peanuts strips from The Complete D.C.P.eanuts by Saint Malaclypse. I was interested in reading Peanuts since Iv seen probably seen every movie they have made for Peanuts- especially the Christmas Cult Classic that I watch with my mom every year curled up on the couch with some spiked eggnog! I think most people enjoy peanuts because its very relatable, everybody knows THAT person. whether its Lucy to Lionel you are bound to know someone with those characteristics or have them yourself. That's what makes Peanuts so successful, although I do remember reading them as a child in the Saturday (or Sunday?  I forget) comic strips in the news papers and laughing alot at them, as I did this time around. However this time I was laughing for different reasons. when I was a child I found them silly or I didn't really understand the logic behind Charlie Brown's narration or comments. I just laughed cause I thought I should, or the comics looked funny. Now I can understand that those kids all have social problems and I can now pick them out and understand why they act that way. take Lucy for example, I thought she was a freaking lil bitch when I was a kid. Now I just know shes probably insecure so she has to have the upper hand all the time and control everything. Its really interesting going back to all these comics that iv read or looked at as a kid and could not fully understand at the time but now I am an adult and its much better hahaha.








Get it?  Lucy......She's in the sky, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment