Thursday, December 4, 2014

Week Nine- Wide World of Comics

This week I decided to read the comic Papyrus and the Anger of the Great Sphinx, Iv got to say I really like this comic, from the art style to the content of the stores, I actually want to start collecting some Papyrus comics, if they are still around for me to do so! (I'm sure I can fins some somewhere right?)  The story lines are very strong and easy for me to follow the action and events unfolding. Its a nice easy read without being too boring and is able to keep you at the edge of your seat, so to speak. I loved the little asterisks when the artist/writer wanted you to fully understand the history of the Egyptian culture. That is another reason why I picked to read these comics. I absolutely love Egypt and Ancient Egypt discussions and story’s... I mean, The Mummy (both versions (even the one with Boris) is my absolute favorite movie, I can watch it anytime and not get bored with it. Here are some of my favorite parts from The Anger of the Great Sphinx
I just thought the donkeys face was so priceless in the last panel that I had to include it in this post.



Here is an example of the extra information give to embellish the story and your own knowledge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment