Thursday, December 4, 2014

Week Ten- Introduction to Manga


This week I read, or rather tired to read some of Yukito Kishiro's comic GUNNM Last Order. I could not get threw the whole thing. For some reason it really bothered me, Kind of had the same feel as Barefoot Gen, which was a heavy heavy comic. I don’t feel this one is quite as heavy (but then again I haven’t finished it) as Barefoot Gen but it certainly has a heavy hand in child abuse. I seriously could not get past the scene where those asshole soldiers are using children as a means to find land mines. 
Either that or they are just huge assholes that take pleasure in seeing children hurt and blow up. it was too sick for me. It was just grotesque looking. I also found it extremely hard to relate to, it could have been the robot sci-fi aspect but I really think it was just everything and my general inability to relate to manga. don’t get me wrong! I don’t hate the form of art or believe it isn’t an art, but I just can’t get into it. I tried in middle school and a but in my freshman year of high school but quickly gave up since I found other genres that interested me more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment